Marketing/Project Manager, Content Management Specialist
Krafty Design & Development, Portland, ME
March 2013 – Present
- Project manager for Drupal projects
- Creating and distributing surveys to existing clients.
- Creation of strategic promotional plans.
- Facilitating SWOT
- Front-end development in Drupal
Manager, Marketing & Membership
American Association of Anatomists (AAA) / Bethesda, MD
January 2009 – March 2013 (from August 2012 to March 2013, worked remotely from Portland, Maine)
- Project manager for all membership and marketing initiatives.
- Worked with publisher and editors for Association’s three (3) academic journals to create promotional plan and develop marketing materials for print and online promotions.
- Developed strategic marketing plans for membership campaigns to recruit and retain educator and researcher members. Association membership ranged from undergraduate student to emeritus professor.
- Project manager for Association website, including overall look & feel, copy, functionality in Drupal, social media, tracking and analysis of Web usage, and general optimization of site and search capabilities. Worked with all related vendor partners to enhance and maintain functionality (www.anatomy.org).
- Tracked, analyzed, and reported on results of all marketing and membership efforts and trend data to the Board of Directors using Google Analytics and CIVICRM reports.
- Conducted member research in support of recruitment, retention, and development of new member benefits and communications.
- Managed membership booth at Annual Meeting and all non-AAA events, including development of all materials, coordination of Meet the Author program, and coordination of booth display.
- Managed and generated social media outreach on Facebook and Twitter for three (3) journals and Association.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of association management system, including data integrity and the addition of new functionality (e.g., new database fields, queries, and reports), as needed by staff, members and committees.
- Conducted monthly accounting reconciliation process and oversaw daily accounting activities.
- Direct supervisor to membership coordinator.
- Created email campaigns using MailChimp to promote Association benefits, activities and meetings.
- Liaison to membership committee and various task force groups, as necessary.
Manager, Membership Services and Development
Association of Air Medical Services / Alexandria, VA
August 2003 – December 2008
- Created marketing material including brochures, folders, and email campaigns.
- Oversaw registration, booth logistics, annual membership meeting and annual job fair.
- Managed annual awards program from the nomination and judging process through the writing of the scripts and presentation during the awards banquet.
- Maintained and edited member services and awards pages on website.
- Developed and managed recruitment efforts for all membership categories and generated more than a 50% growth in overall membership.
- Compiled data for and oversaw production and design of annual membership directory.
- Created Crystal Reports and Excel spreadsheets reflecting everything from membership trends to conference attendee information.
- Acted as liaison to membership committee, state chapters and multiple special interest groups.
- Maintained IMIS database, including orders, events, and billing modules.
- Worked with executive director on creation of annual budget for all membership and awards line items.
- Reported to AAMS Board of Directors, in written and oral presentations, with analysis of all membership activities.
Relevant Pre-Management Experience
Senior Coordinator, Industry Communications
Grocery Manufacturers of America / Washington, DC
August 2001 – November 2002
National Office Administrator/Recruitment Marketing
Issues & Answers Network, Market Research Company / Virginia Beach, VA
March 1999 – June 2000
National Association of Water Companies / Washington, DC
March 1998 – February 1999
B.A. in English with focus on writing from George Mason University (1994-1997)
Applicable Technical Skills
- Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
- CIVICRM Database
- Basic HTML, CSS, FTP
- Photoshop CS4/5
- Basic InDesign skills
- IMPAK and IMIS database platforms
- Crystal Reports
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Word.